Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!!!

The older you get, the less you notice...

Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    Hell - I wish I was 50 and not 53...

Guys... no problem...
    Somebody (very wise) has said: "Life starts at 40 y.o."
    ...So we all are just kids!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Next summer i will be going to Italy which i am VEEERY excited about to a wedding. will be over there probably for about a week and a half.
    When you come to Italy, let me know, so I can arrange a welcome party!!! Of course with a well-made laser show

P.S. I'm not kidding

my my my god, so so so sorrry for my mistakes.
    I must declare I only had one girlfriend.
    Jem, Steve, there are 800,000,000 man here, only 500,000,000 woman here.
    so you know the compete here is very cruel. hehe.
    Mr Darwin is the most clever foresee man. .
    Hi Marc, welcome, Beijing welcome you, laser-wave welcome you, Bridge welcome you.
    welcome all of you to Beijing, my friends.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Thumbs up

Name: Martin
    Occupation: Too many to mention but off the top of my head: Ice cream van sales, professional photographer, student, lighting technician, bar manager, high risk food production manager, hospital porter, diagnostic coder, care worker, shelf stacker, a/v technician. Anything that would pay for the drink and the girls really. I've never been much more ambitious than my next fix of fun.
    Hobbies: I'm looking forward to getting some soon.
    Other: Well, it took me 35 years to get here but I'm here now. I see you've started the party without me. I've had a life-long love affair with entertainment lighting and lasers, mostly as an interested observer but I was lucky enough to get to work with some of it for a couple of years.
    The first laser that blew me away was one that a Mr P. Collins had in his hand in Glasgow in the mid-seventies at the Glasgow Apollo. The Pink Floyd sealed it for me on 8.8.88 at Maine Road Manchester, and it was an old picture of a boy beside a Mac SE30 that prompted me to join this board. I'm getting to the stage now where I'll be ready to build my own soon, possibly starting next year. My partner paints but is also interested in all the disciplines, including video and lighting so a day in the Poppy household revolves round shape and colour so it's only natural that we'd be interested in one of it's fundamental and purest expressions....the laser light.
    I've already learned a huge amount in the short time since I found this board and I thank you all for your inspiration and contributions.
    I won't have much to say for a while but I'll be around.

Well after being around here for almost a year i suddenly noticed this thread, so here it goes:

Name: Dimitri Modderman
    Location: Amersfoort, The Netherlands (yup i live in the city where the world famous Hugo Bunk has his company Laser Image....).

Occupation: IT projectleader for a bank, trying to become teamleader again. Before that (1994-1998) i worked in Video Post Production as a Field Engineer, doing maintenance on Sony Betacams (analogue and Digital), Grass Valley Switchers, and Sony Mixers.

Hobbies: Lasers, Organising LAN Parties, Electronics, eating/making oriental food, motorcycles (have a Suzuki RF600 and Honda XR400 dirtbike), playing online games (shooters, at this moment Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, only on PC, i'm not a console n00b...)

Always have had a weakness for computergraphics, videoediting, 3D animation.
    The laser hobby is what brings this all together for me: first the technical part of soldering, tinkering with the projector, then the software part and recently i try to teach myself converting (3D) graphics to ILDA with all the (mostly) free or cheap tools i can get my hands on. A very allround hobby.

Other:
    When i was around 18 and doing technical school had a mobile disco with a friend (called Dentri Drive Inn Show). Denis & Dimitri made Dentri. Funny anecdote is that we once where announced and the poster said DJ Dimitri, but we have a famous DJ in the Netherlands called DJ Dimitri.
    So the people were a bit disappointed that the "real" DJ dimitri wasn't there ;-)
    But we had a lot of fun and the people enjoyed ;-)

In that time i built our first laser, HeNe tube around 3-5mW.
    With 2 DC motors and glued on (Ordinary) mirrors, using a signal generator to drive them.
    Later i experimented with a Velleman Stepper motor kit and used Parallel port.

In that time i sometimes saw a green beam hitting the sky, then i knew it was Hugo testing his big gas lasers. Fired up the moped and tried to locate the lasergod. Unfortunately never met him
    Seeing that green was real inspirational.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

My turn!!

Name: Magnus Forslund

Age 24, mentally im like 4 tho (25 in june 20 but i whish it would be 60 as im referred to as a kid)

Occupation: used to work at a transformer winding shop, nowdays im kindof freelance

Hobbies: Electronics, internal combustion engines and lasers. The laser interest started back when i was around 12 and got internet, it dident take me long to stumble upon samīs laserfaq, after i got my first laser(a small red pointer) i was hooked, and here i am today on PL.

Other: I like sleeping and occationally dream about sex.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Experimentonomen View Post
    ..... occationally dream about sex.
    Just like most married men.

But im not married, havent even had a girlfriend yet, im still a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Experimentonomen View Post
    But im not married, havent even had a girlfriend yet, im still a virgin.
    Well then at least you have something to look forward to..... The rest of us, we just remember..