Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: FLEM is *on* for Saturday, March 21st 2009 at 10 AM

Looks like you guys had fun. Can't wait to see some video from that Kvant.

I have to say that being the non-laser person of this bunch....I'm still amazed at this past weekend. I think you are all a great bunch. Crazy yes, do I trust you with my son, I'm not sure.....yet. If I could ever figure out your PL names to the names I learned over the weekend, I'll be getting somewhere. Thank you for letting me become a part of the group. Stuka tried to start filling me in on SELEM but I need lots of help ASAP. I have a filling that is not one to wait until the last minute like we did with FLEM. Thank you all for your guidance with Matthew and his next step in the wonderful world of lasers. If I haven't found you yet as a friend, please find me. I'm lost on PL and I don't know which way to go. Blessings!
    Last edited by cat; 03-25-2009 at 13:12. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    I have to say that being the non-laser person of this bunch....I'm still amazed at this past weekend. I think you are all a great bunch. Crazy yes, do I trust you with my son, I'm not sure.....yet. If I could ever figure out your PL names to the names I learned over the weekend, I'll be getting somewhere. Thank you for letting me become a part of the group. Stuka tried to start filling me in on SELEM but I need lots of help ASAP. I have a filling that is not one to wait until the last minute like we did with FLEM. Thank you all for your guidance with Matthew and his next step in the wonderful world of lasers. If I haven't found you yet as a friend, please find me. I'm lost on PL and I don't know which way to go. Blessings!
    Hey Cat,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed FLEM

Just to help connect the 'dots', I am the guy who had the two lone blue lasers you helped carry to the car (Thank you very much ).

All the best;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

You are all great !!

Watch out SALEM

John

Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Rob- clean out a room for me!! garage floor is fine!!

Cheeky monkey - you are not having the garage floor - like I would leave someone alone with my 168!

Cant wait to meet you my friend

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Hey, Cat!!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have!
    Start a new thread with your questions and you'll probably get support from similarly crazy-minded folks all over the world!!

Or, PM any of us if you prefer - I think you'll find that all n' all, we're a down-right helpful bunch!!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Laser Warning

Floyd show from FLEM is on the PL FTP. plftp:ildaswap It is a bit over a gig but is good quality. About an hour long.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Floyd show from FLEM is on the PL FTP. plftp:ildaswap It is a bit over a gig but is good quality. About an hour long.
    D/L will start tonight

Thanx;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIANT

Thanks for sharing Aaron, those shows are absolutely superb, pity about all the folks walking in front of the projections though - Only kidding

Shine on you crazy diamond and Wish you were here were simply stunning... How the hell do you put together abstracts like that in LD2000 ?????, mine don't look anything like that

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Shine on you crazy diamond and Wish you were here were simply stunning... How the hell do you put together abstracts like that in LD2000 ?????, mine don't look anything like that
    Well, truthfully, you don't. Not unless you're Mike Dunn, that is! The guy is a genius when it comes to abstracts. Was hoping he could make it to FLEM, but he had a prior commitment.

Hey Cat!

You win the "trouper Mom" award! I'm impressed that you hung in there for the entire event. It got painfully loud a few times (even I had to put ear-plugs in!), but you never faltered. (Even my wife can only put up with that sort of thing for about 30 minutes or so... Then she retreats to the bedroom!) I think it's awesome that you not only stayed, but really tried to pick up as much as you could. I know it's a lot to learn, but we don't mind answering questions, so don't be shy about asking them!

I think Matthew was overloaded. Towards the end you could see his eyes darting this way and that, trying to decide what to look at. I think he overdosed a little bit! But I know that he's got a hundred ideas in his head now. Can't wait to see what he comes up with at SELEM. Mark my words - you'll see great things from him.

And Matt, that DMX board is incredible. Even after we talked about it on the phone, I had no concept of just how awesome that thing was until I saw it. If you need all that to contain your creativity with just *LIGHTS*, then I can't wait to see what your laser shows are going to look like dude...

Once again, a big thanks to everyone that helped make this a success. I'd do it all over again next weekend if I could!

Adam