Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about another FLEM? Short notice!

Lightbulb How about another FLEM? Short notice!

Hey guys...

So I need to be in Florida over President's Day weekend, and I thought, "Why not try to have another Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting?" !!! So I checked with the people at the boat club and the venue is available on Saturday, Feb 18th and Sunday, Feb 19th. They have something going on for Friday, Feb 17th that won't finish up until 8 or 9 PM, so our usual Friday-Saturday format won't really work, but we could do a Saturday-Sunday event if we wanted...

I will be arriving in town on Thursday, Feb 16th, and I don't head back to Charleston until Monday, Feb 20th. So a Saturday-Sunday works for me just fine..

What does everyone else say? You guys up for another one? I need to make a decision fast regarding the boat club, so if you can do this let me know and I'll book it.

Adam

PS: Yeah, we're crazy... This proves it!

I'm in!

C'mon...Who Else?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've tried to get you to do this weekend in the past since its my birthday.... NOW I'm spending it with like 250 little girls and their dads for a father daughter dance Friday night. But maybe a flight down Saturday morning and back Sunday or Monday night is doable. I'm already flying to Houston overnight for Valentines Day that week.
    Edit... Ouch... over $700 for flight and car. Ah... That's because it's Presidents Day weekend.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 01-30-2017 at 15:55.
    PM Sent...

Thumbs up It's a go!

Damn Brad, sorry to hear that the flights are so spendy. Kinda hard to justify that with Utila coming up so soon afterwards...

I spoke with DZ, and he was pretty sure he could make it. Aaron is going to be tied up on Saturday, but should be free on Sunday. LJK is interested, but needs to check his schedule. Frank said he is definitely up for the trip, and he's checking to see if his buddy Jeff is interested too. No answer from Fred (astroguy) yet, but Chris Tate said he's up for it...

I think we have enough interest to make this work, so I'm going to contact the boat club today and book the venue for Saturday, Feb 18th and Sunday, Feb 19th.

Adam

Still Jobless But I have a bit of money in the bank As always any excuse to come down Is good for me But it does not look like this time will happen I just checked flights. $1100 And No That's not A typo I got my last flight for $290 If i can score another one for under $300 Ill do it. Job permitting that is Got an interview this week Keep your fingers crossed for me As much as I would love to be there Job comes first. Also that being said would anyone be able to pick me up and or drop me off at the airport. I really don't wanna impose on my aunt again .
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Looks like I'll be able to make it! One problem though, has anyone booked a hotel room? Holiday inn is full and the next closest available room is over 200 for the night.

Talk with LJK. He found a suite that was about a mile away that was roughly the same price as a standard room at the Holiday Inn. The rooms at the place he stayed at were quite a bit less expensive, so he splurged for the suite. Right on the lake too - nice view...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Still checking flights periodically in case they get cheaper last minute.
    PM Sent...

Hey guys I just booked through Trivago.com and found a hotel for $75 a night one mile away. The hotel ended up being Classic Inn of Tavares. Not sure if booking directly at the hotel would have reduced the rate any further but since other places are going for $200 per night I snatched this one up.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    Still Jobless But I have a bit of money in the bank As always any excuse to come down Is good for me But it does not look like this time will happen I just checked flights. $1100 And No That's not A typo I got my last flight for $290 If i can score another one for under $300 Ill do it. Job permitting that is Got an interview this week Keep your fingers crossed for me As much as I would love to be there Job comes first. Also that being said would anyone be able to pick me up and or drop me off at the airport. I really don't wanna impose on my aunt again .
    Don't worry man you'll get a job somewhere somehow.