Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 475354555657

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Just curious did they respond?
    Hi John;

Yeah, I spoke with her on the phone last week. She still needs to get an answer from the school on the increased price for the Cafeteria, but it *is* available for the extra day, so as it stands right now SELEM 2014 will be a 4 day event, with the load-in starting on Wednesday August 13th and the event kicking off Thursday morning, August 14th. The only thing that might kill this would be if the price comes back stupidly high, but honestly I don't think that will be the case, and even Olivia said she didn't think it would be all that much more. I told her to put us on the schedule pending a final quote.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    Adam-- did you remember to ask Olivia to get a measurement of the width of those beams at Club SELEM
    Aww crap - I knew I forgot something! Thanks for the reminder buddy. I'll shoot her an e-mail right now.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    so as it stands right now SELEM 2014 will be a 4 day event, with the load-in starting on Wednesday August 13th and the event kicking off Thursday morning, August 14th.
    WOO HOO!! As Tiny Tim would say, and is appropriate for the season.... "God Bless Us, Every One."

The only thing that might kill this would be if the price comes back stupidly high,
    No it won't... if you recall, since it was my idea and my push... if it's outrageous, I'll cover it.

Polishedball.... yes, it's time! You may post the countdown widget now!

We're all insane, you know that?

OK - start the damned count-down clock. SELEM 2014 (otherwise known as the 8th annual SELEM!), will begin on Thursday, August 14th and run through Sunday, August 17th. Remembering of course that the load-in and setup will be one day earlier, on Wednesday, August 13th, from 10 AM until 5 PM.

Adam

OK - start the damned count-down clock. SELEM 2014 (otherwise known as the 8th annual SELEM!), will begin on Thursday, August 14th and run through Sunday, August 17th. Remembering of course that the load-in and setup will be one day earlier, on Wednesday, August 13th, from 10 AM until 5 PM.

Adam
    Just got done talking to Patrick about taking the LSO course. He recommended i do it at the next SELEM. He said they would need atleast one other person to sign up to do the course with me if it were to happen.

Anyone willing to be my class mate?
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

And your point?.....

Four full days is more like it! I only want to have as much time in Newton, as it will take to drive there and back.

Hak, JD3, Sugeek - I'm thinking seriously about renting a van to make the trip for the SELEM 8. This will allow for more gear, as well as workshop possibilities. Between 4-5 of us, this may be the way to go. I'm going to look into this, if y'all are up for a roadtrip? Maybe a few more from DFW?

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    Just got done talking to Patrick about taking the LSO course. He recommended i do it at the next SELEM. He said they would need atleast one other person to sign up to do the course with me if it were to happen.

Anyone willing to be my class mate?
    Wow, I thought that there needed to be four folks to make this happen? Or are there others that have already committed?
    I don't think you will have a problem getting others to sign up - it seems like there has been enough to make the LSO class happen for at least the last two years at SELEM, as well as the last three ILDA meetings.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    And your point?.....

Four full days is more like it! I only want to have as much time in Newton, as it will take to drive there and back.

Hak, JD3, Sugeek - I'm thinking seriously about renting a van to make the trip for the SELEM 8. This will allow for more gear, as well as workshop possibilities. Between 4-5 of us, this may be the way to go. I'm going to look into this, if y'all are up for a roadtrip? Maybe a few more from DFW?

Greg
    So... you're asking if i want to save money?? HAHAHA
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Wow, I thought that there needed to be four folks to make this happen? Or are there others that have already committed?
    I don't think you will have a problem getting others to sign up - it seems like there has been enough to make the LSO class happen for at least the last two years at SELEM, as well as the last three ILDA meetings.
    You know now that I am re-reading this email.

"If you can come to Orlando and there is atleast one other person..."

"SELEM will be the least expensive"

sorry about that haha
    -dnar

I'm sure we'll have enough people to do another LSO class at SELEM next year. It's a very popular course.

Speaking of Orlando though, don't forget that we have a Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting coming up on March 1st of 2014. If you can snag a cheap ticket to Orlando (look at Southwest Airlines), it would make for a very fun weekend trip!

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Is that date for FLEM now "official"?

Edit - never mind... I just saw the thread.