Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Thank you all for an incredible few days. I spend most of my time in the world of lasers at a desk dealing with all the things that go into shows, but almost no time with the lasers actually doing what they do. For me the opportunity to come to an event like this and see dozens of very smart, very talented people each with different control methodologies, laser builds and approaches is really restorative and helps put everything else in perspective. It's amazing to just hang back and see some really incredible art being made with these tools.

Too many folks to thank so things are going to get missed, but thanks Adam and Brad for doing so much to coordinate and make the event happen. Thank you to those who bring a ton of gear like Rick, DZ, Brad, Adam, Ethan, and many others. Thank you to the incredible laser artists like Jason, Mike, Chris, David K, David Z, Will, Rick, Newlin and many, many more. Thank you to those who bring things not at all related to laser but still incredible like Hank with his tesla coil, Chris with the quads, Alex with the liquid nitrogen and Kelvin with the insane VR rig. Thank you to the unsung heroes like Bill and Brad and others that spend time taking out trash, helping others move gear and set up/take down, all the stuff that's not glamorous but has to happen. Also thanks to those who jsut took the time to chat like Frank, Adam, Brad, Ethan, David, Chris and too many others to list.

The highlights for me are seeing how many new technologies on both the home build and commercial side there are as well as how many first and second year people came to the event. It's great to have a resurgence in the community like that.

Really exciting stuff all around, thanks for doing this every year. It means a lot to many of us that attend.

I <3 you guys, thanks for another great SELEM, my favorite week of the year

Another great SELEM! Several of us plan our year around this event and I consider it 'sacred time'. Many thanks to all of you who participated in the planning, set-up, break-down, administration, food preparation, funding, presentations, performances, and all-around knowledge-sharing. I think that almost everyone fits into one or more of those roles, these days! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to speak with everyone this year, and would like to have had more time to spend with everyone that I was able to speak to. It's the same story for me every year . .

From what I saw, pretty much everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and left the event in good spirits. Adam B. and several others had a debrief over lunch on Sunday. Our consensus was that things went pretty smoothly, but there are always opportunities for improvement. To that end, we have some planned tweaks/improvements in discussion for SELEM 13 including my favorite; "nap time" for ~two hours on Friday or Saturday afternoon so people can recharge their batteries a bit. More to follow from Adam and company in the following months.

Thanks again to everyone for making this event the most awesome week of the year!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

if you're on facebook, i dumped a bunch of my selem photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/swamidog/me...6814043&type=3

check it out and feel free to tag photos or hit me up with friend requests or just buy me lattes or whatever.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    if you're on facebook, i dumped a bunch of my selem photos here:
    Not on Facebook

I'm pretty sure he put them all there just to troll you and dkumpula

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    I'm pretty sure he put them all there just to troll you and dkumpula
    Exactly my thoughts! Obviously Lazerjock appreciates real human relationships more that posting what he ate for breakfast!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Exactly my thoughts! Obviously Lazerjock appreciates real human relationships more that posting what he ate for breakfast!
    i have never posted what lazerjock ate for breakfast on facebook!

give me a few and i'll dump them on g+.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

try this:

https://plus.google.com/u/1/collection/0ZYRdE

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i have never posted what lazerjock ate for breakfast on facebook!

give me a few and i'll dump them on g+.

Obviously he eats spaghetti!