Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld

Well it has been removed..... hmmm?
    GLC Lighting & Laser Show

x2 680mW RGB
    x1 800mW RGY
    x2 100mW Green

http://glclighting.co.uk

probably they got echo the projector is being discussed at PL forums where there are people who understand lasers and got scared

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and was very shocked to read all the information about Laserworld lasers.
    Unfortunately I came on this forum after having bought 2 Laserworld projectors.

Luckely I have not spent many EUR1000's on Laserworld, but still
    it is a really cold shower to find that almost every test of Laserworld equipment produces only a fraction of its minimal guaranteed power output.

I own now 2 Laserworld projectors, but it might be the best thing to get rid of them
    before they break down.
    I will try to find someone who can measure the output and explore the ways
    of putting forward a claim against the seller.
    After all a guaranteed output is a guaranteed output.

Thanks for this thread!

Not every LW projector is allegedly poor. I had a LW projector myself and it made more than its stated power and didn't break down in the short time I had it.

I think the point with this thread was that many others on here have reported alleged problems so its a case of buyer beware and just being aware that some people have reported allegedly having received projectors that didn't make their specification.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time trying to purse LW even if yours is not a good example as they're outside the EU.

I'd sell up and move on. There are reliable shops owners on this forum eg Stanwax in the UK who can custom build you a quality projector and there are other more expensive options in pre-built lasers that are known to be top quality eg RGB Lasersystems, Hungary and Kvant Lasers, Slovakia.

You also have a Kvant dealer near to you in the NL in the form of MasterPJ who frequents these forums.

i have had a bunch of laserworld green CS series that were as spec but the RGB series where way under spec.
    where in the netherlands are you located DerfAmi? i have a laser power meter up to 5 Watts
    www.laserwinkel.nl - Rental and sales of lasershow systems, parts and accessories

Hi all, I've just joined after reading this thread. I've ordered 2 x PM-1300RGB from laserworld. I'm just hoping I've not made a massive error.
    Saw them at Plasa North exhibition in Leeds, Uk and thought they looked great.
    Anyone had chance to do any measurements or evaluations on these yet?
    REALLY wish I'd found this site before I bought them now.

Hi Digi and welcome to the forum.

There was very recently a bit of discussion in another thread about the PM series of projectors.
    Aparently they're made by SwissLas but sold by LaserWorld so build quality is supposed to be much better...
    However, it seems they (aparently) don't meet the relevent safety specs so are technically illigal to use or maybe even sell in the UK... I'm no expert on the regs so don't take what I say here as "gospal" but I'd be wary of buying and projector with no seperate interlock/emergency stop system...

Don't panic just yet, see what others say (especially Sir Stewart as hes a safety expert) and make a decision then...
    But any decent seller should accept returns if you decide you don't want them...
    Hope thate's helpful :-)
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Quote Originally Posted by digi5 View Post
    REALLY wish I'd found this site before I bought them now.
    If I had a penny for every time I'd heard that........!
    The thing to be clear about here - The lasers are not rubbish as such - its the way they are described and marketed more than anything. They even mis-represent the specs of other makers parts that they use - They appear to now sell Cambridge scanners (CT6210) that are 90kpps! Amazing maybe they have a special tuning technique, maybe they use a fancy driver (be hard pushed to better the High Power CTI driver which runs them at 60kpps), or maybe they just dont tell the truth. This is my issue with them - if they described them accurately then OK they are what they are, and Im sure the PMs are much better than the lower range ones that they sell that are just generic chinese porjectors but if the product is good why exagerate the specs?
    The power issue has been dicussed many times - inc in this thread - if they were just honest and described them as they are....mind you then they might have to explain why their scanner mirrors on their 50k scanners (which will do 30k at best! - if you keep the angle down and the wind is behind you...) loose so much of the laser power! - And Im not making this up - I recently swapped out a set in a LW projector after I upgraded the lasers, 810mW before the scanners, and 480mW after the scanners (LW 50k) most of the loss was in the 445nm - and they couldnt draw a circle, even after I straightened one of the mirrors and re-tuned them.

Anyway as long as you know that are never likely to have 1.3W at the output - you will be OK with them I'm sure

Rob

PS - I'd have £3.19
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    ......... I recently swapped out a set in a LW projector after I upgraded the lasers, 810mW before the scanners, and 480mW after the scanners (LW 50k) most of the loss was in the 445nm.....
    I agree absolutely.
    Rob said 100% right.
    Me too have same problem with my >700mw RGB proj...
    Setup:
    - 240mw@640nm
    - 280mw@532nm
    - 250mw@473nm
    before LW-50k scanners, after 30 minutes warmup, I have 690-700mw.
    After scanners RGB output is 425-430mw

I really must think to save money for a DT40 upgrade...
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Personally I'd try to cancel the order.

If you look here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Las-PM-1800RGB

You'll find a comment from a poster that claims to be from Swisslass.

Quote Originally Posted by vakuum View Post
    Hello John
    The SwissLas PureMicro Series Laser is completly made by us (swisslas) in Switzerland.
    Laserworld is the reseller of all our SwissLas Products.

according your Power question of a PM-1800RGB
    1800mW is the maximal power. The projector will never have more power then 1800mW use this power for your safety callculations.
    1320mW is the guaranteed minimal power when you add the power of all modules inside.

The normal Power of all lasers added before optics is normaly between 1.55 and 1.7 Watt.
    The normal Power of all lasers added after outputwindow is normaly between 1.35 and 1.5 Watt.

That poster states their 1.8W model actually has 1.3 watts worth of lasers and the 1.8W is the maximum that model will ever make that figure being given for safety reasons! It doesn't guarantee that any particular laser will make that figure - with 1.3W of lasers it could make 1.3W I suppose!

Now I can't tell you if that poster is genuinely from Swisslass or not, and thus whether those claims are accurate, however, a lot of people on here in the past claim to have had LW projectors that didn't make their stated maximum outputs.

So for that reason I'd try to cancel and re-think my plans.