Some progress again I hooked up the argon laser to the projector to see how the color looks like with red and green. There's no blanking so the blue color is always ON. Looks amazing for me, although the power is too low to get nice white (as far as I know to get white from 488nm I don't have to mix it with green, only red of apropriate power is needed). I tried to modulate the argon laser current by bypassing the tube with an electric kettle :P The idea works in general, but my PSU is to smart for such tricks and it turns off the current :P
Two first pics shows the argon at work with the projector and the third pic shows 405nm 100mW module mounted but I haven't run it yet. Here's a little video with argon laser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBoX34tblg
http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website
There was a delay in the project progress because I had some problems with my LD driver and had to make another one. Now, here's the setup with a 405nm laser that is ~115mW according to my LPM. It's far too weak for co-operation with this green and red, but clearly visible with eyes ... and not so clearly with my camera :P I'll try to use the argon laser with some kind of mechanical beam blanking, but I don't have much time for this project recently...
Last edited by c4r0; 12-08-2009 at 11:17.
http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website
Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.
I thought you know... Cause the laser is not polarized and the modulator (it's EOM, not AOM, these are two totally different things) won't work with this laser.
http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website
Hi! It's been a while since I posted some progress last time :P That's because I suddenly sold my first RGB laser module (that small one) with galvos and popelscan interface that I planned to use with the projector from this thread. After that I bought new galvos set that is a few times smaller than the GSI galvos with that huge amplifier PCB that I had before. That means I don't need so large aluminum plate for the optic table, so I took smaller one and started drilling again I also made a new PCB for popelscan interface and I'm planning to fit all that stuff (I decided to use 405nm diode, not an argon laser ) in an aluminum-wooden case (see attached pictures). Another problem, with the project's documentation, is that my still camera is broken so I can't take so many pics I'd like to... But new camera is on it's way already
[edit]
I'm adding also a few pics of the previous version of the projector, made with my brother's DSLR camera that is apperently much more sensitive for 405nm than my camera
Last edited by c4r0; 01-14-2010 at 13:34.
http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website
Camera arrived -> some new pictures This is how it looks like at the moment. The last thing to do is to make a hole in case's wall for beams output, and ... mount new 405nm diode because I killed one while running a new PSU for the first time :/ Unfortunately, I'll have to wait about three weeks for PHR-803T sleds form eBay...
http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website