Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Color smoothing and delay circuit implementation to help prevent "jellybeaning"?

What we ***REALLY*** need is one single circuit board (ready built in a nice pretty box ) that has absolutely everything on it, DB25 breakouts, delays (as in Bill's circuit), interlock relay & delay, modulation voltage adjusters, plus all the other cool electical stuff that folks put in their projectors to make them work correctly and meet the relevant specifications.

In other words we need a killer circuit that us electrical numpties can buy that will pretty much do everything

Oh, and it has to be easy to wire up with full instructions (and labelling on the circuit connectors so I can't go wrong )

How about it guys???

From reading some posts on here we have some real electronic geniuses, surely it can't be too much of a problem for those of you blessed with brains the size of planets, can it?

I'll offer to be the first customer, hope I don't have to wait too long

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    It would be nice if DrLava or someone could create a board for that circuit with 3 or more channels on it.
    Thanks Gary for NOT reading my post

Rob
    Last edited by stanwax; 11-01-2008 at 07:26.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What we ***REALLY*** need is one single circuit board (ready built in a nice pretty box ) that has absolutely everything on it, DB25 breakouts, delays (as in Bill's circuit), interlock relay & delay, modulation voltage adjusters, plus all the other cool electical stuff that folks put in their projectors to make them work correctly and meet the relevant specifications.

In other words we need a killer circuit that us electrical numpties can buy that will pretty much do everything

Oh, and it has to be easy to wire up with full instructions (and labelling on the circuit connectors so I can't go wrong )

How about it guys???

From reading some posts on here we have some real electronic geniuses, surely it can't be too much of a problem for those of you blessed with brains the size of planets, can it?

I'll offer to be the first customer, hope I don't have to wait too long

Cheers

Jem
    Me! Me! Me!

I claim dibs on the second one (even if it's "JUST" the color balance circuit and no case!)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I wonder, if someone were to have a nice board printed up, would it be best to have a total of 6 of these things. Here's why, there's a diode in the circuit, when the diode is one way, it affects the falling edge, when its reversed, it affects the rising edge. So instead of having to turn the diode one way or another, just have one circuit cascade to a second circuit with the diode reversed. Then you'd have some control over the rising and falling edge, without having to worry about which way the diode in placed. This would lead to a total of 12 pots to adjust for an RGB system!

edit-it might also be important to include the circuit that would convert the differential color signals to single ended on the same board just before running it through the delay filters.

edit, edit- Do you already have something printed up, Rob? If so, I'm third in line!
    Last edited by DZ; 11-01-2008 at 07:22.

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Thanks Gary for NOT reading my post

Rob
    Oh yea, I am sure you read each and every sentence of each and every post.

I have done a board already but like I said its a building block toward essentially what Jem mentioned. And you dont need to cascade you just need 2 pots with the diodes facing different directions and you achieve the same result

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I have done a board already but like I said its a building block toward essentially what Jem mentioned. And you dont need to cascade you just need 2 pots with the diodes facing different directions and you achieve the same result

Rob
    So, until the "Stanwax master board" is ready, would you be willing to share some details on the circuit that worked for you?

For example, what diodes and amplifier chip did you use, and perhaps a basic tutorial on how to setup and align a projector using your particular circuit?

(yeah, I know - I'm awfully demanding today!!)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-01-2008 at 08:25.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Oh yea, I am sure you read each and every sentence of each and every post.
    Er, some people do - and not just me. For sure most people read all the posts in a given thread before they reply. Just sayin'...

Rob;

Maybe you and DZ can get together on this. I'm sure you've seen his ILDA breakout board that he's working on... What do you say to a combined effort? Not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but like Jem, I think the two ideas work well together.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Er, some people do - and not just me. For sure most people read all the posts in a given thread before they reply. Just sayin'...

Rob;

Maybe you and DZ can get together on this. I'm sure you've seen his ILDA breakout board that he's working on... What do you say to a combined effort? Not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but like Jem, I think the two ideas work well together.

Adam
    Why do you feel the need to comment on everything whether or not it has anything to do with you? Just askin'.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Lets add the some spare opamps for single to diff and diff to single conversion, and the low cost Benner Inspired scan fail and my little 3 ttl chip cheap DPSS test pulse generator circuit.

As for a cheap scope, you already have one. Its called a horizontal galvo. No I'm not kidding. I have a older Image Engineering corp board that has a 4040 counter, and a R2R ladder dac on it, for blanking adjust. It generates a ramp wave for one axis, and a square wave that kicks on one third of the way up the ram and kicks off at 2/3 the way up the ramp. Great for a crude tuning device for galvos and for testing blanking. Granted nothing beats a real scope, but it just might be enough if you have 30K galvos.

add a 7473 TTL and a lm555 and you have a walking ring counter that generates the quad square pattern for basic tuneups.

Add a eprom and you'd have a laser media test pattern.

just some thoughts.

BTW I have eagle circuit board cad/cam if someone wants a a layout.

Steve