Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I made from the UK Group buy

Default What I made from the UK Group buy

Hi everybody,

last week the LOC's from the UK group buy arrived, simulatenously with Lasorbs and my new Proxxon MF 70 micro milling machine. Time do build a nice red module for my new projector! Voila! Here some nice pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image002.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	14190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	14191
    Combining of the beam is done via the mirror out of the diode sled and a custom 10x10x9mm flexure mount. I tried to make it as small as possible but it still could be smaller. For Version two I have some ideas to make it even smaller. Version two will then be combined with 2x150mW @642nm via PBS. This will give 700mW of combined red .

Greetings
    Andreas

Nice, are you able to do power measurements?

If so could you measure the loss of the mirror?

Default nice

nice job andy what lens did you use ?
    i wish i has a decent mill i could have a shit load of fun

here's a pic of my efforts so far dual blu-ray and dual loc reds 800mw's so far just got to get a couple of small green's to complete the rgb modual
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00653.JPG  

DSC00652.JPG  

I measured transmission spectrum trough the mirror at normal incidence at work last week. I don't have the data here but can bring it tommorow. When I rememer correctly, transmission was less then 1% @650nm. I can also measure the power loss directly at 45° but only at work. Maybe at the end of next week or the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    nice job andy what lens did you use ?
    i wish i has a decent mill i could have a shit load of fun

here's a pic of my efforts so far dual blu-ray and dual loc reds 800mw's so far just got to get a couple of small green's to complete the rgb modual
    I used collimators from Marco, he is also here on the forum. He offered them in this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...nd-collimators
    The proxxon MF 70 mill is really cool and cheap, only 240 euros. It is a bit small and you need a lot of time for milling big areas.

Default mirror

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Nice, are you able to do power measurements?

If so could you measure the loss of the mirror?
    looks like he is using the sled mirror and on my dual setup i only lost 10mw with the diode pushing out 240mw would be interesting to see what he is loosing

and he replys while i am posting lol

I did some measurements using the same mirror and diode. I was getting between 98% and 99% reflectance at 45 degrees.

Ok here is the measured reflectivity of the Mirror from the LPC815 Sled at normal incidence. Measured with a Perkin & Elmer Lamba 900 Spectrometer in Transmission. Reflectivity is calculated assuming no loss as 100%-Transmission. This should be a good assumption as long as the surface is clean and does not scatter. Because it is measured in normal incidence for 45° incidence the spectrum will shift ca. 50nm to the blue and the dip @ 650 nm will be at ca. 600nm. The mirror should be well usable between 600 and 700nm then.

Andreas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ReflLPC815Mirror.png  

Quote Originally Posted by andythemechanic View Post
    Ok here is the measured reflectivity of the Mirror from the LPC815 Sled at normal incidence. Measured with a Perkin & Elmer Lamba 900 Spectrometer in Transmission. Reflectivity is calculated assuming no loss as 100%-Transmission. This should be a good assumption as long as the surface is clean and does not scatter. Because it is measured in normal incidence for 45° incidence the spectrum will shift ca. 50nm to the blue and the dip @ 650 nm will be at ca. 600nm. The mirror should be well usable between 600 and 700nm then.

Andreas
    Thank you very much for this info

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Wow thats a nice mirror, thanks for testing!