Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first projector...

Default My first projector...

Well, most of the pieces for the projector are here, scanpro30s from dave, RGB ttl blankable popelscan DAC handmade from jgee_83, popelscan, and the lasers : 50mW Blue dpss from extremelasers, 100mW green dpss from extremelaser (dead :cry: ), and a 10 to 40mW adjustable from Axis (dead). All I need now is optics, O and replacment lasers... :roll:

So, while I need a few more items, I can draw on the wall.

Here's my first scan...

It's a picture of the planter's peanut guy that an old supervisor of mine's brother in law has altered by putting my old supervisor's face on it... Here, it's much better in real life...

Here is the dollar sign I drew to impress my girlfriend. She tried to make a joke when I first got my lasers and said she wanted to see me draw dollar signs... Well, I drew one...

I got a couple of short clips taken from my camers I'll upload in a few and post.

I got a really good check from working Thanksgiving so I can try and get a little 30mW green and a 150 to 200mW red and finally some optics... Then we can have white lighe, no much but white all the same.

Anyone have a nice detailed Popelscan tutorial I can watch? A few mot files lying around you no longer use? :roll:

YES... The pictures are BEASTs and imageshack can be slow... for you people with slimmer than average broadband connections... I'm in the process of getting gallery access... :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Here are the two small vid clips I took of the $ bouncing...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99546700030408

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48440954406406

Two movies of the same shitte, about 10 to 15 seconds long each.

I grabbed a few mot files last night to play with when I get home so I'll take a couple of better pics and movies when I get home.

Very nice; now I'm getting excited about getting my gear in a few weeks. Now how about you replace those green and red lasers.... :P

I know... I plan to hit marconi up for a red here in a few but my mortgage payment is due... today!!! I need to find somewhere with a 30mW analogue green. I can't seem to find anything lower than 100mW with analogue... :roll:

Does anyone out there have a mot file of the ILDA test patteren??? :?

Does anyone out there have a mot file of the ILDA test patteren???
    Not sure what a MOT file is, but will your system read .ILD (ILDA) files? I'm sure I can dig up a test pattern, but it will be in the ilda format.

David

David;

I thin the .mot file format is native to poplescan, and only poplescan. From what I've read, the software doesn't support the ilda file format. (Which really blows...) Not sure if anyone ever wrote a conversion utility for it or not...

Still, Allthatwhichis will have another DAC and software soon (Alphalite) and then he'll be able to play ilda files. (Oh, and the software bundle for the Alphalite includes a copy of the ilda test pattern.)

Adam

8)

Thanks man! I just started looking at making mtm files with music. I made a few small clips and a DV of a couple of beam shows with music. I need to find my DV cable too... It'll probably take me a day or so to get them up. I need more colors too. Blue is cool, but... kinda boring after a while. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Does anyone out there have a mot file of the ILDA test patteren??? :?
    I dont think the test pattern works so well with 8 bit resolution.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Dave;

The ilda test pattern works just fine with the 8-bit output of my Alphalite.

Adam