Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharing a FB post on PL forum (safety related)

Default Sharing a FB post on PL forum (safety related)

as title, there is a very interesting post on safety on my fb, is there a way to share on this forum?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cut and paste?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Andy,

Are you referring to this? Scarey shit!

Mobile DJs and wannabe laserists who think it's cool to fire beams into the audience take note.... It took less than a second for a 10w laser to do this to my leg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10watt burn.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	39055

10 watts from a single projector at an indoor show? Where were they? In the Louisiana Superdome?

If they're talking about a "mobile DJ show", that sure as hell sounds like a nightclub gig. And I can't imagine a nightclub large enough where it would be safe to put 10 watts into the crowd.

I wonder what people's eyes looked like after that show?

Adam

I've seen the envelope get pushed a lot lately.
    -Several copper vapors aimed wildly over military airspace.
    -(2) 25w lasers indoors with a 10 foot cieling and 1,100 capacity (in other words really small venue) no crowd scanning though

there has been other things but I am drawing a blank now. Lots of 1w RGB crowd scanning from mobile DJs. Never seen a complete amateur using a 10w though. May I ask how a static beam ended up hitting you in the crowd?

I gather from his reply on your page that he did it to himself then whilst setting the show up. Nasty stuff.

I found out myself a long time ago just how nasty non modulated static beams are when I burnt holes in the bottom of my (luckily old) kitchen under the sink cupboards in around a second with my 2.1W Kvant. Whilst setting up for a power test.

Even though modulated beams aren't as nasty, you can still feel the warmth in a 2W beam from a few metres on your skin. Hate to think what that would translate to after passing through the lens of the eye.

I'd like to say I would think your post would warn people away from high power scanning when they don't know what they're doing, but I rather think most on FB will look and think oh well that was 10W I only have 1W / 2W / 3W etc.

@ Dreamz, Yeah I too have seen the 21W indoor video - ludicris! I really think we're heading towards a total laser ban in the near future, at least in some jurisdictions as enforcement seems to be almost non existent and I'm predicting a major incident if this high power low price ebay to any DJ rush continues.
    Last edited by White-Light; 07-05-2013 at 02:14.

Popti-ping, dis is da man -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images2.jpg  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    -(2) 25w lasers indoors with a 10 foot cieling and 1,100 capacity (in other words really small venue) no crowd scanning though
    Been lots of videos like that, with crowd scanning, from Brazil over last year and a half... (lack of) laser safety capital of the world? I also wonder how the promoter can afford gear like that with such small gigs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQWNEYrU-Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW2BATRtido
    Plenty more shockers on this nutters' main channel.

What the fVck!
    Why no safety board!
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com