Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser diodes - J8Y4M4C

Default Laser diodes - J8Y4M4C

I have a couple of red laser didoes with J8Y4M4C marked on them. Supposedly they are 150mw CW 658nm diodes. But, I couldn't find anything by that part number with Google. Does anyone know anything about these?

Default laser diodes

funny that i got two diodes rated at 150mw cw JBY42GX i cant find anything on them and spent a lot of time looking i got mine on ebay from crystallabs

I also got mine from crystallabs

Default laser diodes

hmm when i questioned him about the manufactuer he replyed
    he just brought a load of bankrupt stock from somone and did not know where they came from
    i wonder if they really are rated at 150mw i tried one with a driver that i had that puts out 200ma and after ten mins the driver over heated and stopped working have just got a die 4 drive but not had time to test as yet have you tested yours yet

yea, i find it all a little suspicious but i got a good deal on two of them so i'll just run them until they blow. I have the die4drive set to 338ma right now and the laser diode is putting out 200mw.

I went and set the diode current to get 200mw out. It started dropping. It's down to around 181mw now. I tried increasing the current but the mw out doesn't change even when I raise current! Is this diode on the verge of self destructing?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I went and set the diode current to get 200mw out. It started dropping. It's down to around 181mw now. I tried increasing the current but the mw out doesn't change even when I raise current! Is this diode on the verge of self destructing?
    Sound more like yo killed it as opposed to it self destructing...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default laser diode

i think we have been ripped off
    these diodes cant even manage 100mw cw without selfdestucting
    run mine for 10 mins @150ma then it went dim now puts out no more than a led gutted anyone got any good ones for sale

Yea, I'm pretty sure we were. I might file a dispute on PayPal since I didn't use Ebay. I recommend going back and changing your feedback to negative.

Hmmm I might have to do that too...! He says they can get up to 300mw if they are "properly heat sinked" but I think he forgot "in Antarctica"

Ahhh dry humor... ...