Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 473nm laser buildup....

Default My 473nm laser buildup....

Here are a few pix of the parts roughed up for testing the crystal set from my rep. Most of the work was done some time ago and I decided a few minutes of hot soapy water wouldn't hurt and inspect them. No.1 grade copper..... will have to clean up a few rough edges.....the majority of parts are here...just getting time to finish up. Now to find the thick indium foil.....maybe get this done in a month or two the way things are looking. Nd:Yag holder,LBO mount,C mount diode block, and copper base for all the goodies to be fastened onto and cooled. I know a couple of parts look machined off center...this is to compensate for LBO walk-off and keep the beam in center. Need a vacation to work on my stuff....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2599.JPG  

PANA2601.JPG  

PANA2602.JPG  

PANA2603.JPG  

PANA2604.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Exclamation

WHOOHOO!!! I can't wait! Any ETA at all or are you still planning?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Gotta find a KM-05 for an output coupler holder....ATA who knows....when I get some time.....too many irons in the fire at work... I would like to get it going...parts are done after a little file work...burr removal. As soon as my rep gets a coating order to make another run for 473, I will have something very neat to say the least.....a project for PL members only. And yes you can build one...you are my beta tester.... so that makes you obligated.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Sounds *really* kick ass.

Very nice! What kind of output are you expecting? I'm excited to see your results.

Nice In case you are still looking for indium foil, you can ask Junktronix, he's supplied me with some when I bought pump diodes from him in 2005.

WOW that looks sharp so far!! im impressed!
    -Josh

Looks great mike!!

I'm still working on mine... I have the yag and the LBO mounted and everything but I need to get some pieces machined (much like you have) so they are all lined up, and of course get a nice mirror mount for my OC.

Cant wait to see yours make some blue!!! I got the tiniest flash out of mine with a rough mockup... maybe .01mW, and it was gone as fast as it came, but it was definitely there

If you need a piece of copper....1" X 4" X .300" I can send you one. It has a hard nickel coating after it was surface ground.....PM with addy and I will send it to you if you want it.Has a few tapped holes....I just milled away what I needed. I also have a piece slitted for a 2mm crystal mount. I made the unit about 6 or so inches long....then cut off what I need. Can cut you one...give length you need{crystal length}, all No.1 grade copper.

Cool Had a couple of hours today...

Update....Yag mounted, LBO in mount, 3 axis output coupler mounted, TEC's tested, and diode at the ready. Now for me to begin the 946 chase.....maybe tuesday. LBO mount is resting in a sealed container with desiccant to keep it nice and dry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2606.JPG  

PANA2608.JPG  

PANA2609.JPG