Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laser Pointer Forum is as Clique' as high school

Default Laser Pointer Forum is as Clique' as high school

Yep, I got banned from Laser Pointer Forum, I have lost my ability to become a Laser Pointer Jockey because I carried a childish flame war out with someone who is VERY WELL connected with the forum moderator (he was the forum ethics and policy police) I treated him like I would treat any troll. With no respect, Oh well I have to keep in mind that trolls are people too! They kept the troll and fired me...It is sad because there are a few people (about 10) that actually have things together over there.

I was abusive to two Mafia Boys who are really laser wannabees. Just a warning, if you go over there you have to "stroke" (so to speak) the "egos" (so to speak) of the people with a rep. in their rating system or you wont last long. In other words you need to play their game, not because they are strict, but you have to fit in with the high school cliques. But in reality the cliques are very abusive in a suttle sarcastic sort of way to lower rep people. By pointing out a flaw in their system probably didnt help either.

May be one of our dual citizens like jerry will copy and post this over there, it wont do any good...I am the ugly girl with the braces that the other pretty girls dont want around, even tho I got better grades than all of them...laughable

The guy Teck_Junkie slanders everyone just short of calling some one a name. and ElektroFreak is Teck_Junkie's little "female quadroped" I crossed the line...and called him some "names" Oh well, their loss I'll try to be an xtra good boy over here so people dont get mad at me.

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Lightbulb

Hey, I like to think we are generally abusive and sarcastic to any and all no matter their rep... Equal opportunity abuse here. Too bad they didn't realize how much better grades are than pretty is...

Remember, you can't fix stupid...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Yep, I got banned from Laser Pointer Forum, I have lost my ability to become a Laser Pointer Jockey because I carried a childish flame war out with someone who is VERY WELL connected with the forum moderator (he was the forum ethics and policy police) I treated him like I would treat any troll. With no respect, Oh well I have to keep in mind that trolls are people too! They kept the troll and fired me...It is sad because there are a few people (about 10) that actually have things together over there.

I was abusive to two Mafia Boys who are really laser wannabees. Just a warning, if you go over there you have to "stroke" (so to speak) the "egos" (so to speak) of the people with a rep. in their rating system or you wont last long. In other words you need to play their game, not because they are strict, but you have to fit in with the high school cliques. But in reality the cliques are very abusive in a suttle sarcastic sort of way to lower rep people. By pointing out a flaw in their system probably didnt help either.

May be one of our dual citizens like jerry will copy and post this over there, it wont do any good...I am the ugly girl with the braces that the other pretty girls dont want around, even tho I got better grades than all of them...laughable

The guy Teck_Junkie slanders everyone just short of calling some one a name. and ElektroFreak is Teck_Junkie's little "female quadroped" I crossed the line...and called him some "names" Oh well, their loss I'll try to be an xtra good boy over here so people dont get mad at me.

I'm a member over there, and It's annoying the way the "higher-ups" treat people, they don't even give them a chance ! Oh well, it's their loss. I prefer here to LPF, much more relaxed friendly atmosphere over here And you guys don't pick on the new guys either !

Can't believe you got banned though You were offering a good service, but as I said, their loss.

-Adam

LOL!!
    That is funny stuff!
    What the heck were you over there for?

i bet I could get a few LPF seniors in a uproar!

I am a member there. There are alot of good folks there. And of course some not as good.

IMO, the "Rep" system is more about how cool/liked one is. It has nothing to do with contribution, integrity, honesty or experience. It is a fustian measurement. For instance: I have been a member there about as long as here, both bought and sold things honestly and timely---I ain't got nothing for "rep". I really don't care, just pointing out it is a useless indicator of anything except high school social points. I've been out of highschool for twenty-something years.

My way of participating there is: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...term+goes+here

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    I'm a member over there, and It's annoying the way the "higher-ups" treat people, they don't even give them a chance ! Oh well, it's their loss. I prefer here to LPF, much more relaxed friendly atmosphere over here And you guys don't pick on the new guys either !

Can't believe you got banned though You were offering a good service, but as I said, their loss.

-Adam
    Adam... You be careful over there defending me. If tech_junkie dosnt like you, you could be next....remember Tech_junkie is exactly one Amsterdam's hookers arm length away from the moderators "heart". Be careful over there...

(I would love it if you copied and pasted this in the Iean thread)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Are you fucking serious? They banned you?? That's bullshit.

IMO that forum has been nothing but shit (ok, 80% shit and 20% useful research on new diodes) for over a year now.

it's turned into a bunch of 12 year old kids who think they know everything about how the world works. Call you a scammer if you try to make $50 bucks on something you put a lot of time and effort into. They will actually go research your material costs and say "this cost you no more than $100 to make. *insert price list of materials* you're trying to scam us charging 200!!!"

If they think your product is too expensive, rather than just NOT BUYING IT (like any decent person would do) they decide to come into your "for sale" thread and say things like "that is WAY too expensive" or "that is a ripoff no one will buy that"

They think just because THEIR time isn't worth a damn thing, that other people's time isn't either.

Thousands of members and only about 15 (ok maybe 50) worth talking to.

I'm not trying to knock the forum or anything because I did, and still do, learn a lot over there. If it weren't for LPF I wouldn't have met a lot of cool people and I wouldn't have half the cool laser stuff that I have today because I probably wouldn't have gotten back into the hobby (I found you folks through LPF, afterall!) But it's been taken over by a bunch of 'tweens' with attitude problems. (no offense to the kids with a good head on their shoulders (Diachi, things, and basically all the one's who have stuck around for a while))

/rant

Last edited by GooeyGus; 04-05-2009 at 17:56.

Yep, I got banned from Laser Pointer Forum,
    If true, I hope this was a mistake. And if/when you are let back in, try not to hold a grudge against the admin, they have busy jobs and might not have time to fully research their decisions. There are good guys on there, enough to stick around. Try to ignore everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    If true, I hope this was a mistake. And if/when you are let back in, try not to hold a grudge against the admin, they have busy jobs and might not have time to fully research their decisions. There are good guys on there, enough to stick around. Try to ignore everyone else
    Agreed, the admin is a good guy. The problem is, exactly like you (laserman) said, the cliques. You get a clique of 10 people that go complain to the admin just because you're such a 'meanie head' and he's too ubsy to really reach his own conclusion.

They SHOULD nominate a few moderators over there, but wont due to some legal reasons a long time ago....