Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 356

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    This is awesome, the event is still a month away and already it looks like we'll have about 32 folks there. I'm very happy to see that this event is growing, lots of new faces on the list. Can't freakin wait!
    Me too. With all the people, I really need to get a accurate head count for the food. Hakzaw1 (Len) is going to help me and Mystrys in the kitchen.

    Everyone please check in here so we're not waiting till the last minute for the food.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Thumbs up 4 weeks and counting!

    Hey Doug;

    I'll be sure to keep the first post in this thread updated as we go along, and I'll try to shoot you a PM right before the event, but right now I'm predicting between 35 and 40 people in total, based on the recent surge in people registering. (Not bad considering the lousy economy, eh?)

    Emory;

    I've received your payment and added you to the list! Really looking forward to finally meeting you and your wife.

    DZ;

    I hear you bud! I can't wait either! My phone is ringing off the hook these days, but I love it! We're getting close, people! Just 4 weeks until SELEM! WOOT!

    Adam

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    1,163

    Cool :)

    Hey Adam I just sent you a payment
    Also, Is there a list for the buy,trade,whatever yet? I have 3 50mw star laserpointers Ill be selling
    Cant wait!!!!!!

    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Hey Adam I just sent you a payment
    Also, Is there a list for the buy,trade,whatever yet? I have 3 50mw star laserpointers Ill be selling
    Cant wait!!!!!!

    DJ Matt
    Received your payment and added you to the list!

    Re: list of things to sell. We don't have a thread for that yet, but if you want to start one, that would be cool.

    However, you made a mistake. You don't have three of those star pointers to sell, you only have two of them. That's because I'm buying one of them!

    DIBS!

    Adam

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Posts
    1,163

    Thumbs up

    Ok Ill start one!!
    Sold!!
    Ok thats now 2 pointers..lol!!
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Thumbs up

    One month from now we should be finishing set up and starting to think about dinner at the Artist Cafe`.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Flying over a town near you
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Will be there saturday to help out where I can.....and to plunder what is for sale . This many at a head count...wow.. should be some interesting door prizes! See you then.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    Good point! Hell, it's 9 PM now... In a month, I hope to be comfortably seated in one of the over-stuffed chairs in the lounge area upstairs at the Artist's Cafe, sipping on a Godfather Martini and chatting with all you fine folks!

    For the record, The Artist's Cafe has already been notified of our party. (I told them to expect between 25 and 30 people.) Also, as Adam Bourassa already mentioned, Bill Benner will definitely be at SELEM, and is likely to join us at the Artist's Cafe later in the evening.

    Still waiting for final word on whether Mike Dunn, Greg Makhov, or Patrick Murphy will be able to attend. I should know something firm by the end of next week.

    Also, I just finished balancing the books, and though the budget is *very* close this year, we're going to finish in the black (just barely), so that's a plus! Shirt order goes off this weekend...

    As far as door prizes go, that's the one area I haven't had much luck with. Last year I had enough room in the budget to add in a few items (those black 50 mw laser pointers, for example), but this year I'm coming up dry. (Yeah, the budget is that close!) I've got a couple things here I can donate, and I still need to contact a few vendors to see if they'll be able to help us out this year, but so far it's looking like the door prizes are going to be kind of lame this year.

    Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to seeing all you guys in 4 weeks!

    Adam

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...
    As far as door prizes go, that's the one area I haven't had much luck with. Last year I had enough room in the budget to add in a few items (those black 50 mw laser pointers, for example), but this year I'm coming up dry. (Yeah, the budget is that close!) I've got a couple things here I can donate, and I still need to contact a few vendors to see if they'll be able to help us out this year, but so far it's looking like the door prizes are going to be kind of lame this year...
    Adam
    Given the size of the crowd and the events scheduled for this SELEM, I don't think you need to worry about door prizes - you've done and are doing enough!!
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    anyone looking for a roommate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •