Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 356

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Not necessarily looking for ear piercingly loud, just looking for quality sound. Just did a quick search online of my local hardware store and you can get a box of 80 ear plugs for only $15.
    Nah - I'll dust off the Bose headset made just for such purposes!

    It might be a good idea to have a bag of cotton balls and first aid tape handy, in case there are any free bleeders in the audience.....
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Bose
    lol you know what Bose stands for right?

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Nah - I'll dust off the Bose headset made just for such purposes!

    It might be a good idea to have a bag of cotton balls and first aid tape handy, in case there are any free bleeders in the audience.....
    Nah you mean you need these as ear amps
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

    Increases normal hearing up to seven times
    leading in trailing technology

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    lol you know what Bose stands for right?
    "Bunch of Shitty Equipment?"

    "Buy Other Stereo Equipment?"

    I've always heard the phrase: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose". Though in fairness, they do accomplish some cool tricks with their acoustic wave speaker technology. I think they just got carried away with the geek technology and forgot that the primary purpose of a speaker system is to sound cool, not to look cool.

    But yeah, I'd rather have Polk Audio any day over Bose. Cheaper, more durable, and better clarity too.

    Adam

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    "Bunch of Shitty Equipment?"

    "Buy Other Stereo Equipment?"

    I've always heard the phrase: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose". Though in fairness, they do accomplish some cool tricks with their acoustic wave speaker technology. I think they just got carried away with the geek technology and forgot that the primary purpose of a speaker system is to sound cool, not to look cool.

    But yeah, I'd rather have Polk Audio any day over Bose. Cheaper, more durable, and better clarity too.

    Adam
    I definitely agree with the Polk Audio - GREAT speakers, and the price definitely beats Bose!

    The Bose noise-cancelling headset definitely fits on my head better, however.....
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  6. #296
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    Damnit! Where the hell is the fast forward button?

    Only 511K seconds left!


  7. #297
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Post

    I predict we will be watching beam shows from the balcony in a week...

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I predict we will be watching beam shows from the balcony in a week...
    you guys are out of your mind lol

    I will be watching from places my vision will not be in jeopardy lol

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    +/- 24VDC @ 1.2A

    I have a pair of scanpro 40's I am bringing to sell, you could use the power supply until someone buys them, then its up to them if you can borrow the supply lol
    That would be perfect! It would be nice to use it all weekend, but if I can at least get my projector running for some of the event I will be happy.

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    no worries, like I said I am bringing it anyway since someone was interested in them...

    how much space is in your projector?

    I also have a +/-24VDC @ 1.2A power one power supply but its linear regulated so its a lot bigger and a lot heavier...




    I will also have a thermal camera at SELEM in case anyone wants to see whats going on in their projector as far as heat/heat transfer goes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •