Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    I booked Lyra and I at hotel below... is that the right one?
    Yup! You booked the correct hotel.

Can't wait to see everyone and be socially awkward as usual!
    Agree 100%!

Adam

Really sad to find out that although the US is colored YELLOW in the Dutch travel map, the US only accepts US citizens, people that have a valid green card or people that will study in the US (And then even with strong VISA requirements).
    People from all Schengen countries (including the Netherlands), Hongkong, china Brazil are not allowed in.

So it doesn't look good now. Also the number of corona infections is rising again in the Netherlands , tonight at 7PM a new press conference.
    Just when they open up and events were allowed again, they probably going to limit number of outdoor participants to 1000.

The website of Dutch government hasn't been updated since 24/6/2021 but it states the information is valid on 9th of july 2021 (today...)
    https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/l...zen/reisadvies

So i will look at it for another 2 weeks, if nothing changes i will ask for my travel voucher (so i can fly out next year to the US) and then post here.
    I have a room booked in the HIE elkton Road for 2 persons. So if someone needs it by then, i will cancel and let the hotel know someone wants it.

In the unlucky event we (Eightdot and i) cannot make it, I hope you can use the money to send me my shirt and you can keep the rest for the bar tab (bill?) and give some people a drink on me....
    Or use it towards the event in another way (put it in an envelope and use as a doorprize?). I trust Buffo and Brad this will be working out some way or another.

But... I will wait with cancelling etc for the next 2 weeks, maybe the US opens up a little and then we still can make it, that would have my preference ofcourse.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Booked at Elk Forge Bed for Sunday through Friday.

I'd really like to ride share from the airport to the B&B or the venue and back vs. renting a car for a week that I'm not going to use. Is anyone else flying in on Sunday?

It would also be helpful to know which airport to use. I haven't found it in any posts.
    Last edited by swamidog; 07-09-2021 at 08:32.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post

I'd really like to ride share from the airport to the B&B or the venue and back vs. renting a car for a week that I'm not going to use. Is anyone else flying in on Sunday?
    I can't help with the airport on Sunday, but you're welcome to ride along with me to the venue on Mon and Tues (I arrive late Monday afternoon).

I'll probably do an Uber/lyft on Wed+Thursday so I can enjoy the cash bar and not have to drive, so that's also available for sharing.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It would also be helpful to know which airport to use. I haven't found it in any posts.
    I have posted that somewhere... here or on FB. I suggest doing a comparison on pricing and ideal flight times for you using either PHL (Philadelphia International) or BWI (Thurgood Marshall Baltimore-Washington International) I'm pretty much in the middle of the two. BWI is a touch longer by maybe 15 minutes but, often has the less expensive flights and cheaper parking. $1.50 in tolls each way at the Baltimore Tunnels and a $6 northbound only toll at the Susquehanna River bridge.
    PM Sent...

I'm leaving on Friday morning around 9am to head south to Florida for some diving on the Keys. I can take one or two people to BWI since it's right on my way down. I even might be able to fit three people depending on how much gear we have. BWI is about an hour from Newark, but it will be a weekday morning around Baltimore, so there will be traffic so plan flights accordingly.

Hi I'm flying into Philly on Sunday arriving around 1pm I've worked a deal with my cousin to drive me to SELEM and come hang out with the laserists. He plays music and he's really interesting jamming with some live lasers so I asked about it on the schedule. If you are arriving into Philly around the same time, we'd have space in the car. let me know. For the way out I have a Tuesday evening flight and will probably take the bus back to Philly in the afternoon.
    ...Coherent Creativity...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLotus View Post
    Hi I'm flying into Philly on Sunday arriving around 1pm I've worked a deal with my cousin to drive me to SELEM and come hang out with the laserists. He plays music and he's really interesting jamming with some live lasers so I asked about it on the schedule. If you are arriving into Philly around the same time, we'd have space in the car. let me know. For the way out I have a Tuesday evening flight and will probably take the bus back to Philly in the afternoon.
    Let's look into a train for you - remind me. There's a station in Newark right on the same road as the venue on 896, a few miles north. Would only take a few minutes to drop you off. I believe you will find it to be easier than a bus. Tuesday evening?? So you're only here for a day and a half??
    PM Sent...

Got a room booked at the Elkton location. Looks like my father SaltyDog will not be able to join us this year. His health has been declining and he is unable to travel.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Looks like my father SaltyDog will not be able to join us this year. His health has been declining and he is unable to travel.
    Oh no!
    Jason please let him know we are thinking about him and will miss him this year.