Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Cavity Pics

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Sweet! What did it come from??? I want!
    It came from a medical laser system. I have not seen one of the systems on the market.
    CLICKY!!!

    Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    It came from a medical laser system. I have not seen one of the systems on the market.
    Ha! should have guessed when you mentioned all the interlocks. Should make for a nice piece of laser show equipment. Though, looks like it may have a low duty cycle.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    In the system it operates either with long pulses or continously so I think it can keep going. It does sit on a enougmous TEC with matching giant heatsink.
    CLICKY!!!

    Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    And what about beam characteristics at output?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Flying over a town near you
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Talk about hours to realign if it got away...would love to have just a head like this....even without the diode. I would keep that beast covered and clean....the tiny dust bunnies wiil hide in there....and show up later. Nice kit.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Yeah, really, it would take a LONG time to align

    I have been really careful to not bump or touch anything. I only opened it up to replace the diode and I took pictures at the same time.

    The output is really small, but has a larger divergence. Using a 1m focal length lens cleans it up nicely.
    CLICKY!!!

    Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    506

    Default Nice !!

    Very Nice !! Whats the model and manufacturer of the medical laser ,you removed that from ?
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    I don't know what the model was. I don't know if this particular unit came from a medical system or was just never installed.
    CLICKY!!!

    Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

  9. #19
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,108

    Default

    That comes out of a alcon.

    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Just looked it up, it comes out of an Alcon Eyelase
    CLICKY!!!

    Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •