Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 356

Thread: SELEM 2010 Sign-up thread!

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default Special guests list?

    Any confirmation on the special guests for this year?
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Smile Summary of special guests scheduled for SELEM 2010

    Saddly, we won't have as many special guests as we had planned. Greg Makhov has another commitment that will prevent him from attending. Likewise, Patrick Murphy will be at a conference out west, so he can't make it.

    Mike Dunn had a last-minute show pop up, and that has ruined his plans to attend. Hayden Hale will be busy in Orlando with a show, and Aaron Bacs is also tied up that weekend. Finally, we never got an answer back from Doug McCullough even after several attempts to contact him. So I assume he won't be there either.

    On the bright side of things, Bill Benner will be there once again, and he will be demoing the latest version of Quickshow for the FB3 for anyone who would like to have a look. He will also have a few other interesting (and new) things to demonstrate, but I don't want to steal his thunder, so you'll just have to wait until next weekend!

    Bill will have an area set up in the lobby so he can do demos while the shows are running in the auditorium. Also, he may bring a fast photodiode detector to demonstrate some of the problems with rapid modulation of DPSS lasers, as he discussed in a recent thread on DPSS laser performance. A big thanks to Bill and Pangolin for supporting SELEM for 4 years in a row now!

    Additionally, two new PL members, Dan and Adam from X-laser, will also be in attendance, and they will be bringing some of the projectors that they sell to set up and run in the auditorium. They'll also be on-hand to discuss their variance-assistance program for new customers, should anyone want to look into that.

    Finally, Casey Stack of Laser Compliance Inc will be there for part of the event. Of course, the safety seminar isn't until Monday, but Casey decided to fly into the area early so he could meet the group, see what we're up to, and enjoy some of the shows over the weekend. He'll be there on Sunday for sure, and probably for the very late part of Saturday as well. (Depending on travel delays.)

    And of course, Steve Roberts will be on hand for all things ion-related. Though hopefully we won't allow him to spend all his time in the backstage hallway. We've got to drag him out to the auditorium floor so he can have some fun with the rest of us!

    Finally, it is rumored that CLANDESTINY will be making his first-ever appearance in Netwon for SELEM. It's unsure as of yet whether he'll be bringing any of his large-frame ion toys with him or not, but I expect to see him late Saturday evening.

    Lots of new members will be present this year. Also, we'll have easily double the amount of equipment set up. Add to that a record turnout, and this is shaping up to be one hell of an event. 8 days 'til load in guys....

    Adam

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    8 days 'til load in guys....

    Adam
    ..............



  4. #284
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Exclamation Room availability update:

    Hey guys:

    I just found out that there is ONE ROOM left at the Trotthouse Inn. It's only available for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night though. (Someone from out of town who is not in our group has it booked for Sunday night.)

    So if anyone is planning to attend SELEM and they DON'T plan to stay in town after the event ends on Sunday, then you can still get a room at an awesome Bed and Breakfast Inn. They're charging us just $90 for the rooms (special rate), and EVERYONE in the place will be SELEM attendees. (Me, Stuka, Mophead, and Allthatwhichis have the other 4 rooms booked already.)

    The breakfasts at the Trotthouse are home-cooked (obviously), and they are out of this world. Ann Steadman is one hell of a cook. Plus, the Trotthouse is only half a block away from the auditorium. Can't get any closer than that!

    So give it some thought... If you haven't booked a room yet, now is your chance! (828) 465-0404

    Adam

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Woo, payment sent

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Thumbs up

    Got you on the list! (Nothing like these last-minute registrations, eh?)

    See you there, Alex...

    Adam

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    372

    Default Special Request

    My Scanner power supply for my ScanPro 40's has gone out last week on my way to my first gig. I wasn't thinking properly and had the projector sitting next to a 12" sub-woofer(on the way to the event) which I think was the cause for the power supply to stop working. Dave was nice enough to send me a couple replacement power supplys. However they are coming from Australia and I'm not sure if they will make it in time for when I leave on Thurs for SELEM. If anyone has an extra supply that I could use for the weekend that would be a great help. This will be pretty much the first time I get to use the scanner besides for testing and setup.

    Thanks,
    Austin

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    My Scanner power supply for my ScanPro 40's has gone out last week on my way to my first gig. I wasn't thinking properly and had the projector sitting next to a 12" sub-woofer(on the way to the event) which I think was the cause for the power supply to stop working. Dave was nice enough to send me a couple replacement power supplys. However they are coming from Australia and I'm not sure if they will make it in time for when I leave on Thurs for SELEM. If anyone has an extra supply that I could use for the weekend that would be a great help. This will be pretty much the first time I get to use the scanner besides for testing and setup.

    Thanks,
    Austin
    What voltages does it need?


    Also, since I'm bringing my Lexel 95, will I need to bring anything for the cooling water? I don't think my parents would appreciate it if I stole the watering hoses

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    +/- 24VDC @ 1.2A

    I have a pair of scanpro 40's I am bringing to sell, you could use the power supply until someone buys them, then its up to them if you can borrow the supply lol

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default More people -

    Add three potential guest visitors (family members) to Clan Stuka.
    Depending on a show schedule of sorts, they plan to stop by on Saturday....

    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •